Space Castle 3D : Instructions
- DPAD - Move the ship left/right/up/down around the Castle using the white DPAD. Touching the DPAD near the edges moves faster while the center moves slower for more precision.
- Forward Thrust - touching the green button moves the ship forwards.
- Reverse Thrust - touching the yellow button moves the ship backwards.
- Fire - tapping the red button fires a missile. Unlike the other controls, this button does not autorepeat. Your ship is old, so if you fire too rapidly the missile tubes require cooling and firing momentarily has no effect. Also, your missile control computer is limited to flying 3 missiles at once.
Double tap the playfield above the controls to summon a New Game/Settings/Instructions panel.
Hint: If the DPAD seems to work backwards, use the Settings panel to reverse the directional controls.
- Reverse DPAD - Inverts directional controls, some people like this.
- Swap thrust buttons - makes the upper button forward thrust and the lower button reverse thrust
- Ships per game Either 3 or 5 (doesn't take effect until next game starts)
- Rounds per bonus ship Survive this many rounds and you get a bonus ship, selectable to 5 or 3.
- Castle panels float - ON to see inside the shells through a gap around the edges of the panels, OFF for a solid shell
- Show outer dome - OFF to remove the outer grey shell background
- Missiles destroy meteors when OFF, a meteor mows down a missile and keeps coming (OFF=harder)
- Castle shell rotation axes move when enabled, every so often the Castle shells shift the axes on which they rotate (ON=harder)
- Always Face Castle when enabled, the ship always faces towards the Castle, and the left/right DPAD buttons move the ship sideways in an arc around the Castle. When disabled, the ship flies more like a conventional airplane, pivots when you use the DPAD, and moves in the direction it's facing when you use the thrust buttons. (OFF=harder)
Extra Directional Control Mode: Always Face Castle setting OFF
In this mode, the ship's DPAD works more like an airplane's control stick, pivoting the ship around it's center. The thrust buttons move the ship forward and back in the direction it's facing. Very different than Always Face Castle mode, definitely harder anyway. You decide which mode is more fun.
DPAD - Pivot the ship left/right/up/down about it's center using the white DPAD. Touching near the edges pivots faster while touching near the center pivots slower for more precision. Double tap the DPAD near the center to turn directly towards the Castle
The purple line is a navigation display which shows the relative direction to turn towards the Castle.
In this mode, pivoting alone does not move the ship (and not moving makes you meteor cannon bait!) The thrust buttons move the ship in this mode.