by Mystic Software
Two player game of strategy and spacial relations, based on the famous Pentominoes puzzle.
Tantalizing, thought provoking adaptation of the Pentomino Challenge game created by James Follete.
Played head to head with iPad between two opponents seated across the table
or side-by-side (players sit next to each other and pass iPad back and forth.)
Designed specifically for the iPad.
Description, Rules, and Instructions
Play more pentominoes than your opponent.
Players alternately place pentominoes on the board until a player has no move left, then the other player plays until he also has no moves.
Each piece played scores one point, highest score wins.
- The first piece must cover at least one of the four center squares
- Each subsequent piece must touch a piece already on the board along at least one square's side (i.e. touching corner to corner is insufficient.)
- Empty board spaces/holes completely enclosed by pieces and/or board edge must consist of at least 5 touching squares (and again, the sides must touch, not just the corners.)
- To select a piece to play, tap the piece in the highlighted row (this row may be along the board's top or bottom, depending on whose turn it is.) The active player's row is highlighted to look like buttons, the other player's row is a status display to show which pieces remain.
- When you select a piece, it appears floating transparently over the board in the center.
- To move the piece, touch it and drag.
- To rotate the piece, use the two rotate buttons.
- To mirror flip the piece, use the horizontal and vertical flip buttons.
- To play the piece into the spot under it, tap the piece, or press the Play button.
- To undo a move, press the Undo button
- When you have no move, press the Pass button
- Try to create spaces on the board that match one of your remaining pieces which your opponent has already played.
- To let the other player go first, use the Pass button.
- To change the "floating piece" tap a different piece in the selection row
- Turn head to head switch off in Menu when players are side by side
Buy now and when additional features and/or fixes are released they'll be available free of charge.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
Drop us an email - we'd love to hear from you!